8 Gram Chinese Gold Panda Coin
Call to pay by check or wire and receive a 2% discount
The Chinese Gold Panda was first issued in 1982 by the People’s Republic of China. It is among the few bullion coins to change its design annually with various designs that always feature the beloved black and white panda. These bullion coins are made of .999 fine Gold and are struck at various mints across China including the Beijing Mint, the Shenzhen Mint, the Shanghai Mint and the Shenyang Mint. In 2016, to better appeal to international investors and collectors, the sizes of the coins were changed from troy ounces to grams.
The Pandas you receive will be of our choosing, limited to stock on hand. Dates and designs may vary.
- Contains 8 grams of .999 fine Gold
- Guaranteed by the People's Bank of China
- Obverse: Depicts the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests in the Temple of Heaven in Beijing encircled by the phrase "People's Republic of China" in Chinese closed off by the year of issue
- Reverse: Varies - usually a panda eating bamboo
- ManufacturerChinese Mint
- Diameter (mm)22
- Metal Content (Troy Ounce).2572
- Issuing CountryChina
- IRA EligibleYes