2022 1/4 oz American Gold Eagle Coin (BU)
The 2022 1/14 ounce American Gold Eagle coin incorporates all design aspects of the 2021 Gold American Eagle “Type 2” design first released in late 2021.
Crafted with the highest degree of detail, the 2022 American Gold Eagle coins’ obverse design includes enhanced detail of the Capitol Building, stars, torch, and sun rays first incorporated in 2021 to align with Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ original vision for the coin's design. The full-length figure of Liberty with flowing hair, holding a torch in her right hand and olive branch in her left display brilliantly rendering the 2022 American Gold Eagle a popular addition to a precious metals IRA or coin collection.
The reverse design of the 2022 1/4-ounce American Gold Eagle features a portrayal of an eagle. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "E PLURIBUS UNUM," "IN GOD WE TRUST," "10 DOLLARS," and "1/4 OZ. FINE GOLD." The artist and sculptor’s initials: “JN” is etched under the eagle’s head and “RG” for Mint Medallic Artist Renata Gordon above it in the right corner.
Each 2022 1/4-ounce American Gold Eagle Type 2 Coin listed here comes in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
The coins in the 1/4 oz American Gold Eagle Series are packaged in plastic flips for individual coins. Also available in plastic tubes of 40. Call for discounts on tube orders.
The new design has been implemented for all four gold American Gold Eagles coins.
To purchase American Gold Eagles from First Gold Group using the online store, simply add the products to your cart by choosing the quantity you wish to acquire and by clicking “+ Add to Cart”. You then can proceed through our 100% secure and encrypted transaction process to finalize your purchase.
All products from First Gold Group, including one-ounce American Gold Eagles, are guaranteed for authenticity. If you have any questions about our 2022 American Gold Eagle coins, you can receive personalized service from one of our experienced representatives by calling 800-310-6126 or by using our Live Chat feature.
- First full-year release with the new reverse eagle design featuring the iconic American bald eagle.
- Legal tender with a face value of $10 (USD) guaranteed for weight and purity by the U.S government.
- Contains 1/4 Troy oz of gold in BU condition.
- Lady Liberty is depicted on the obverse.
- Design from Jennie Norris.
- Reeded edge for anti-counterfeiting protection.
- Minted at the West Point Mint
- Gold Eagle coins have 22-karat gold content that consists of 91.67% pure gold, 3% silver, and 5.33% copper.
- Perfect for investment or gift.
- ManufacturerUnited States Mint
- Diameter (mm)22
- Metal Content (Troy Ounce).2500
- Issuing CountryUSA
- IRA EligibleYes