2021 1/2 oz American Gold Eagle Coin (BU Type 2)
On the date of the American Eagle program’s 35th anniversary, the U.S. Mint has proudly introduced a new era for the American Gold Eagle coins with a new design by artist Jennie Norris featuring a stunning portrayal of the iconic American bald eagle on the reverse of the coin, and Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ historic depiction of Lady Liberty on the obverse of the coin. Now, the 2021 1/2 oz American Gold Eagle Type 2 Coins are available to purchase online, or over the phone, from First Gold Group.
Crafted in the highest degree of detail, the 2021 American Gold Eagle coins’ legacy details have been restored for the obverse design to include modifications to the Capitol Building, stars, torch, sun rays, and other design elements. Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ full-length figure of Liberty with flowing hair, holding a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left display brilliantly.
The newly designed reverse features a portrayal of an eagle. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "E PLURIBUS UNUM," "IN GOD WE TRUST," "25 DOLLARS," and "1/2 OZ. FINE GOLD."
Each 2021 1/2 oz American Gold Eagle Type 2 Coin listed here comes in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
The coins in the 1/2 oz American Gold Eagle Series are packaged in plastic flips for individual coins. Also available in plastic tubes of 40. Call for discounts on tube orders.
The new design has been implemented for all four American Gold Eagles
Note that in 2021 the United States Mint released a Type 1 and Type 2 option for the American Gold Eagle Series. New dies created for the new design were not ready in late 2020 when the US Mint began striking 2021-dated coins. As a result, the mint issued the original American Eagle design using the “Type 1” designation, with the subsequent shift to the new reverse designs designated as “Type 2.”
To purchase American Gold Eagles from First Gold Group using the online store, simply add the products to your cart by choosing the quantity you wish to acquire and by clicking “+ Add to Cart”. You then can proceed through our 100% secure and encrypted transaction process to finalize your purchase.
All products from First Gold Group, including 1/2 ounce American Gold Eagles, are guaranteed for authenticity. If you have any questions about our 1/2 ounce 2021 American Gold Eagle coins, you can receive personalized service from one of our experienced representatives by calling 800-310-6126 or by using our Live Chat feature.
- 35th-anniversary issue of the 1/2 oz American Gold Eagle Coin.
- Type 2 release with the new reverse eagle design featuring the iconic American bald eagle.
- Legal tender with a face value of $25 (USD) guaranteed for weight and purity by the U.S government.
- Contains 1/2 Troy oz of gold in BU condition.
- Lady Liberty is depicted on the obverse.
- New design from Jennie Norris.
- Among the new features is a reeded edge for anti-counterfeiting protection.
- Minted at the West Point Mint
- Gold Eagle coins have 22-karat gold content that consists of 91.67% pure gold, 3% silver, and 5.33% copper.
- Perfect for investment or gift.
- ManufacturerUnited States Mint
- Diameter (mm)27
- Metal Content (Troy Ounce).0500
- Issuing CountryUSA
- IRA EligibleYes