1 oz British Gold Britannia Coin (Random Year)
The British Gold Britannia Coin is the official bullion coin of the United Kingdom.
Britannia is the female representation of Britain. The history of this icon begins with her appearance on the coins of Hadrian, around AD 119, as a symbol of a new province and people. Britannia was received for the coinage of Charles II in 1672 and has appeared on the coins of every monarch since.
The reverse of the 1 oz British Gold Britannia includes the image of Britannia as the goddess guarding Britain. She stands along the south coast of England with her trident in hand, and a shield bearing the Union Jack as she protects the region.
The obverse side of the coin contains the image of Queen Elizabeth II, designed by Jody Clark.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 pure gold.
- Issued with a face value of 100 (GBP) backed by the British government.
- Reverse: Features the iconic Britannia design.
- Obverse: Features the profile of Queen Elizabeth II
- Coins are in Brilliant Uncirculated condition
- ManufacturerRoyal Mint
- Diameter (mm)32.7
- Metal Content (Troy Ounce)1.0000
- Issuing CountryGreat Britain
- IRA EligibleYes